WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Several Wichitans might find themselves at home during the COVID-19 period which is why local health professionals and clubs would like to remind residents to stay active as much as possible. It does no matter if you walk, run or ride a bike. The main thing is to get those muscles pumping.
Genesis Health Clubs is providing its members with in-home cycling bikes during the COVID-19 period. Three hundred bikes were handed out to their members this weekend. This in efforts to help them keep a normal routine. Residents will also have the option to stream different videos from local trainers giving them different workout options and healthy eating choices.
“It’s just so people can stay motivated and still work on that summer body and not get slowed down,” said Victoria Akpan, trainer
“So the equipment loan was just a natural extension of the online classes that we have streaming so a lot of them don’t require equipment but some of them do. These have been very well cleaned off, I am assuming people will then want to give them their own cleaning as well,” added Zoe Scognamillo, Genesis Health Clubs group exercise manager.
Remember even if you are isolating yourself you’re still able to go outside for a walk or run during the day.
- Navegadores de Salud ayudan a personas encontrar un plan de seguro médico
- Positive Connections: Retired Hutchinson firefighter uses woodworking skills to give back
- Inspired by Rosa Parks, Junetta Everett continues to make a difference in Wichita
- Police shootout in San Diego during FOX 5 live report ends in arrest
- Prep is on! Shockers take on Tulane Green Wave Wednesday