SEDGWICK, Kan. (KSNW) – A solen car located on the campus of Sedgwick High School has led school officials to keep the buildings on lockdown.
Law enforcement is present at the school. The superintendent said students can attend classes and move about the building as normal.
The district said a follow up will be sent when the building is no longer on the precautionary lockdown.
- Korn Ferry Tour golfers prepare for heat, record-breaking crowds ahead of Wichita Open
- Beating the heat: Wichitans brave high temps
- As the temperature rises, so does crime
- Veteran Salute: Navy Corpsman says his job was to keep them alive
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Triple digit heat ahead of yearly average, hottest still to come Thursday