WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Storms swept through parts of Kansas Monday morning leaving some damage behind.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says I-70 is closed south of Manhattan from exit 313 to exit 328 because of downed power lines across the interstate.
Troopers Troopers ask drivers to expect delays until the lines are cleared, possibly this evening.
Fire crews in Lincoln County responded to a fire in the tower of the Lincoln County Courthouse. They quickly got the fire out and are looking into whether it started from a lightning strike.
KSN News received photos from viewers in north-central Kansas that reported baseball-sized hail in Lincoln and north of Abilene.
Emergency management in Ottawa County reported golf ball-sized hail, roof damage, tree damage, power pole and power line damage along K-18 between Tescott and Culver.
In Dickinson County, high wind caused damage to the hangars at the local airport.
Check out the photos above from KSN viewers of the storm.
- Chiefs keep things fun with Mahomes’ playground plays
- Warner Bros. to release all 2021 films on HBO Max, theaters
- A pandemic, exhaustion and threats: Why dozens of Kansas public health officials are quitting
- Majority of Kansas inmates housed in Arizona have COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccination cards will be issued, health officials say