WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – On the evening of Sept. 18, a 24-year-old man was injured in an accidental shooting at the Old Cowtown Museum. Wichita police said several people were involved in a live re-enactment scene at the museum when one of the participants was accidentally shot in the chest.
The victim was transported to a local hospital and treated with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
The city of Wichita said it is the first incident of its kind at the museum. The city is undertaking a comprehensive administrative review of the incident and has suspended all gunfight reenactments at the museum during the review process.
- ‘Just kind of a shock to everybody’: Wrestling community mourns the sudden loss of longtime Grizzlies coach
- Kansas school districts adjusting for winter weather in already challenging year
- ‘Not a piece of cake’ — the financial impact of COVID-19 on local bakers
- Veteran Salute: Faith Saved a Soldier
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?