WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Wichita teenager was critically injured Friday evening after he was struck by a vehicle while crossing the street at Kellogg and 143rd St. East.
According to Lt. Benjamin Blick with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office, they received a call of a juvenile male getting struck in eastbound traffic at Kellogg and 143rd St. East around 8:30 p.m.
There was another juvenile male with the injured teen who was not struck. Deputies are interviewing him to gather more details on what transpired.
Deputies are also interviewing the driver of the vehicle that struck the injured teen.
Lt. Blick said the teens were apparently crossing the street and walking against the moving traffic when one of them was struck.
The injured teen was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
- Pandemic disproportionately impacting women, business leaders share struggles
- Local business able to keep steady clientele despite pandemic
- Big winds, small planes: How gusty days impact flying
- Governor Kelly to participate in Nationwide Lighting Ceremony to honor COVID-19 victims on Jan. 19
- Legislators debate whether to put constitutional right to abortion to statewide vote