TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNW) — The Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office responded to a disturbance call around 3:30 a.m. Saturday at Petro Deli in north Topeka.
When deputies arrived, they found a naked 17-year-old boy who was under the influence of a substance. The teenager had covered himself in ranch dressing, damaged property inside the business, and then ran outside and drove off.
The teen did not make it that far as he crashed into a nearby pillar. Deputies took him into custody and to a local hospital where he was later released to his parents.
No injuries were reported. Deputies are investigating any criminal aspects of the incident now.
- Shooting in Wichita leaves one in serious condition, police still investigating
- Teachman’s Take: Cool comfort for Black Friday, weekend storm tracks south
- Giving back to those in need – Wichita churches and organizations hand out thousands of meals
- Shooting leaves one critically injured in Wichita
- One dead, multiple others injured following crash in Morton County