WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Kansans will be treated to a full moon Sunday night.
The large, orange Hunter’s moon is named for being the first moon after the Harvest moon.
Traditionally, after the fields were reaped, animals were easier to spot. So hunters were able to stock up for winter.
The moon rose during sunset, so it looked orange in the sky and looked bigger than normal because of an optical illusion.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Temperature importance when it comes to rain/snow, winter storm update
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Etienne leads Wichita St. past Oral Roberts 85-80
- Kansas City metro parents fighting back on KSHSAA’s ban of fans from middle and high school winter sports