Dodge City, Kan. (KSNW) – Ford County is cracking down on illegal drugs in the Dodge City area. Thursday, law enforcement officers arrested 13 people on outstanding warrants.
Nine of the 13 were arrested on drug-related charges. Ford County Sheriff Bill Carr says the warrants were for distribution of methamphetamines, distribution of cocaine, or distribution of fentanyl.
The other four people arrested Thursday were on unrelated warrants.
Friday afternoon, the sheriff’s office released the 13 names and 12 of the mug shots:
- Armando Abreca
- Ann Aguilar
- Asante Borthwick
- Maria Boyd
- Gerardo Garcia
- Mario Ontiveros
- Julio Pena
- Anthony Perez
- Omar Reyes
- Shawn Shaw
- Moises Suarez
- Kiffany Waughtal
- Monty Williams
The sheriff says the Kansas Highway Patrol, the Dodge City Police Department and the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks also helped with the crackdown.
Carr says more arrests are expected in the near future.
“Our law enforcement partners continue to work together in an attempt to rid our communities of these dangerous substances to make our communities a better place to live,” said Carr.
- Teachman’s Take: Mild weekend, Tuesday next best chance for widespread moisture
- San Francisco, Kansas City zoos kick off friendly competition ahead of Super Bowl
- PHOTOS: Super Bowl teams wrap up local practices before Miami trip
- With foundation in Mahomes, Chiefs built team for Super Bowl
- Trades play big role in building of Super Bowl-bound 49ers