SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – Three vehicles crashed on southbound US 81 at the I-70 junction near Salina Tuesday morning. One of the vehicles is a semi.
Several people are injured. They were transported to hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
The fog was heavy at the time and visibility was low. Kansas Highway Patrol troopers say that was a contributing factor in the crash.
“I need to remind motorists that if you can’t drive within the distance of what you can see in visibility, then you might crash” said Trooper Ben Gardner, KHP. “You need to slow down and make sure that if you need to brake, you can brake within the distance of what you can see in front of you. If you’re driving beyond your visibility, you might result in a crash like this.”
Troopers closed that stretch of southbound US 81 for a while, but all the lanes are now open.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Perseid Meteor Shower Peaking
- Practice will look different for Fall sports
- Border Protection finds $60 million worth of marijuana in a shipment of limes
- Overcrowding at the jail: A growing problem during the pandemic
- Conversaciones sobre la reintegración de los estudiantes continua para el distrito escolar USD 259