WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police say officers played a “critical role” in saving a 4-year-old girl Sunday morning after she was injured during a targeted shooting.
The girl and two men, 23 and 25, suffered gunshot wounds when police say three suspects fired multiple shots into a home in the 1500 block of North Floberta, near Oliver. Police responded by 12:30 a.m.
Officer Paul Cruz told KSN that officers arrived before emergency medical services and transported the girl to a local hospital in their patrol car. He said this played a “critical role” in saving the girl’s life.
EMS took the two men to the hospital. At this time, all three victims are in stable condition and are expected to survive. A 21-year-old woman in the home was not injured.
Police believe the suspects targeted the home but do not have descriptions. The investigation is ongoing.
- Kansas veteran’s passion for preserving history has turned his garage into a sort of museum
- Thieves look to take advantage of online holiday shoppers
- As prices rise, energy savings becomes more important
- Lawmakers question officials; make sure vets affected by burn pits are taken care of
- Baby chimp at Sedgwick County Zoo meets daddy chimp