TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNW) – Several homes and a hotel had to evacuate following a grass fire early Thursday morning in Topeka.
The Topeka Fire Department responded to the area of S.W. 17th and S.W. Arrowhead Road just after 3 a.m.
The department had police units evacuate Homewood Suites Hotel along with homes on S.W. Cheyenne Hills Rd. from S.W. Drury Ln. to S.W. Village Dr. Guests at the hotel were allowed to return after about 45 minutes.
The fire was extinguished and declared under control shortly after by 5 a.m. No structures were damaged, and all those evacuated were allowed to return to their homes just after 5 a.m.
- GraceMed works through backlog in covid testing
- ‘We will do whatever we have to’: Teams practicing one day ahead of KSHSAA vote to potentially delay winter sports
- Wichita State’s Men’s Basketball: Shockers out of Crossover Classic
- Salvation Army facing challenges due to COVID, needing more than donations this year
- Drinksgiving and pandemic: double threat has groups concerned