WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Sedgwick County Sheriff’s deputies say two people are in critical condition early Monday after their car crashed at a railroad track south of Derby.
Dispatchers said the crash was near K-15 and 95th Street South at 1:16 a.m. Two patients were critically injured when EMS responded.
The intersection is closed for what authorities called a ‘large scene.’
Earlier reports indicated a train versus car crash, but deputies later corrected the report that the victims’ vehicle wrecked in the railroad track rather than a train.
A train was in the area, though. Officials say its conductor first reported the crash to authorities.
- ‘I just want to play’: Teams now wearing masks in accordance with KSHSAA guidelines
- Teachman’s Take: Heat dominates, late week storm chances return
- Artista de Wichita pinta mural en honor de la soldado Vanessa Guillén
- Usar cubrebocas en Wichita: Lo que debes saber
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?