MANHATTAN, Kan. (KSNT) – Kansas Highway Patrol troopers say two people were killed Friday in a crash involving a snowplow truck in Manhattan.
The victims, Anthony S. Toler, 22, and Jayden J. Rosa, 20, both of Manhattan, were hit by the snowplow around 5 a.m. Friday in the 4000 block of Tuttle Creek Boulevard. Toler and Rosa were walking westbound in the right lane when they were struck near the Kansas State University campus.
“The accident is a tremendous tragedy for all those personally involved and our community as a whole,” Marvin Rodriguez, Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners said. “Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in the accident.”
The National Weather Service has issued winter weather advisories for parts of Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin and a large swath of Missouri.
- Woman told officer ‘I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- Kansas unemployment rate falls to 6.9%
- Wichita State’s Charles Koch Arena selected as a 2020 early voting site
- Newsfeed Now: Western wildfires rage on; Missouri soldier surprises his kids
- American obesity rate hits new record