TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Two suspects are in custody following a short pursuit by Kansas Highway Patrol troopers Wednesday afternoon.
KHP PIO Adam Winters said the chase started on I-70 at West Union Rd. when they got a call of a man following his stolen truck westbound out of I-70.
Troopers attempted to stop the truck but the driver refused, and the pursuit began.
The driver stopped near 33rd Street and Auburn Road, and two subjects fled on foot.
After a short foot pursuit with assistance from the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Department and the KHP aircraft, both suspects were taken into custody.
- City of Wichita unveils design concepts for Clapp Memorial Park
- Royals-Twins opener postponed by rain; doubleheader Saturday
- This NC woman turns 116 today and is the oldest person in the U.S.
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death
- FDA temporarily relaxes food-labeling guidelines to help food industry, parents worry about kids with allergies