TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Two suspects are in custody following a short pursuit by Kansas Highway Patrol troopers Wednesday afternoon.
KHP PIO Adam Winters said the chase started on I-70 at West Union Rd. when they got a call of a man following his stolen truck westbound out of I-70.
Troopers attempted to stop the truck but the driver refused, and the pursuit began.
The driver stopped near 33rd Street and Auburn Road, and two subjects fled on foot.
After a short foot pursuit with assistance from the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Department and the KHP aircraft, both suspects were taken into custody.
- Dozens attend first ever Kansas City ‘rage yoga’ class, which includes cursing and alcohol
- Active search underway for Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney
- Mom’s viral Facebook post encourages blue Trick-or-Treat buckets for autism awareness
- Police arrest two teens after firing gun into northwest Wichita home
- GM and union reach tentative deal that could end strike