WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Wichita Fire Department spokesman reports that the fire at Fleet Maintenance, a full-service repair shop, in southwest Wichita was caused by a leak in a compressed natural gas tank. Officials say the gas from the tank was ignited by a shop heater.
Damage was estimated to be $1.5 million to the structure and $750,000 to the contents.
Three employees were injured and transported to the hospital by EMS crews. Two of the employees were treated and released with first and second-degree burns. The condition of the third employee was not given.