WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – It may only be November but parents in the Wichita School district are already thinking about next August.
Thursday night, the USD 259 held its annual showcase. The showcase is a way for parents to see exactly what each of the district’s 24 magnet schools have to offer.
“We really want to hone in and develop his aspirations and his goals and what he wants to do,” said Harrison Miller, father of USD 259 student
“We offer choices so that kids can meet their needs in the ways that match their desires, their interests instead of a one-size fits all approach,” commented Wendy Johnson, USD 259
Students who want to go to magnet schools must submit their applications by early next year.
- Ohio girl with brain injury who can’t walk or talk defies odds, graduates from high school
- Virus ignited in US no earlier than mid-January, study says
- Kansas Honor Flight announces 7 flights to Washington have been postponed until 2021
- Take 2 for SpaceX’s 1st astronaut launch with more storms
- Biden: George Floyd’s death shows ‘open wound’ of US racism