WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said a 56-year-old man died in a hit-and-run at 27th Street North and Arkansas Wednesday. The call came in shortly before 9 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found Harold Long who had been struck by a vehicle when he was crossing from east to west. Police attempted life-saving measures but Long died.
“The suspect vehicle is believed to be a black or dark-colored Chevy Tahoe. The vehicle probably has some front end damage to it,” said Capt. Brent Allred, Wichita Police Department.
If you know anything about the hit-and-run, you are asked to call detectives at (316) 350-3675, the See Something Say Something hotline at (316) 519-2282 or Crime Stoppers at (316) 267-2111
- Valley Center High School to go full remote on Monday
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- ‘Decisive’ or ‘disastrous’: Fate of Trump’s immigration policies rests on voters
- NHL’s Coyotes dismiss draft pick who bullied Black classmate
- Statewide Silver Alert: Missing 81-year old Kansas City man