Video: Careless smoking cause of McPherson apartment fire

Local

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Five adults, two children and multiple pets escaped an apartment fire in McPherson. The fire happened just after 2:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of Kerschner Dr.

Video from the fire department shows flames pouring from the roof. A helmet camera on a firefighter caught the blaze.

All inside made it out. Firefighters were able to limit the fire to just two apartments. The cause of the fire was ruled as careless smoking.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories