WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichitans have been on edge, waiting for months to hear the official name of the new Wichita baseball team and see the new logo.
Many opinions have been tossed around on social media regarding the possible team names that have already been released, but on Wednesday, we were presented with the official choice, the Wichita Wind Surge
“We have created something of great and lasting value,” said Todd Radom, the team’s logo creator.
Hundreds of people waited anxiously to hear the announcement in person.
“It was really quiet in the house just waiting,” said Nikki Bloxton, fan. “That anticipation with the video to lead up to it, I think everybody was surprised.”
Some fans said they love the logo and name, while others said it will have to grow on them.
“I think we will call them The Surge,” said Rodney Horton, fan. “I think it will be, ‘Go Surge!’ It’s a pretty dynamic name. It takes kind of two of the things we are known for around here. I like it. I think it’s pretty cool. I really like the logo.”
The team revealed four different jerseys, all with the colors red, white, and blue.
“I like the red, white, and blue because we’re in America,” said Bloxton. “Let’s do it. Let’s be America’s new team.”
There are also many details within each jersey. On one, the outline of the jersey includes the Wichita Flag with a baseball as the focal point.
The excitement is not just for the team name, but the fervor also surrounded the construction of the stadium as well, and all that this new baseball team is expected to bring to the city of Wichita.
- Josh Duggar trial: Judge to allow prior molestation conduct into evidence, opening statements and first witness called
- WPD: Vehicle hits wheelchair in southeast Wichita killing woman
- Teen charged in Michigan high school shooting that killed 4
- Why were Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs wearing masks while meeting with media?
- KDHE: More than 4,400 new coronavirus cases in Kansas, 133 new COVID hospitalizations