WELLINGTON, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman was killed in a fire early Tuesday morning. It happened around 1:25 in the 200 block of W. 17th Street.
When the Wellington Fire Department arrived, they found no visible flames from the street. Firefighters entered and found the fire burned itself out in the living room.
A woman was found dead inside.
The department determined the cause was smoking in the presence of oxygen. The fire caused about $50,000 in damage.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita