WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Fire Department extinguished a fire that broke out in the downtown area Wednesday.
It happened north of Kellogg and Washington at the intersection of Eldora and Dewey around 7 a.m.
Crews worked quickly to extinguish the flames in a detached portion of the building. It was determined that the fire was in a brick fireproof storage area.
Authorities determined the fire was a result of a malfunction of a solvent recycler. Damage to the structure was $500 and $6500 to the contents. No injuries were reported.