WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — The Wichita Fire Department (WFD) responded to flames coming from a local motel on Thursday evening.

The fire broke out before 7 p.m. at a motel in the 2200 block of S. Broadway.

When crews arrived on the scene, they found smoke coming through the attic of the two-story building.

WFD said the fire started on the exterior in the back of the building. A couch and some trash caught fire and traveled up the back of the building and into the attic and some of the rooms.

There were no injuries reported in the incident, according to WFD.

WFD says the Red Cross was called to assist 14 different individuals who were impacted. Seven units with two people inside each unit were affected.

Broadway was closed while crews worked. It has since reopened.