WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Authorities say a man is suspected of shooting and critically wounding his girlfriend before fatally shooting himself in a home in the 2800 block of South Emporia.
Wichita police said Monday the man involved in the Saturday night shooting was 23-year-old Brandon Sandoval. The woman’s name has not been released.
Wichita police said a man who lives in the home told police that Sandoval shot the 22-year-old woman during a fight. When officers got the woman on the phone, she told them she had been shot and then started screaming.
Police say as officers forced their way into the home, they heard another gunshot. The woman was suffering from a bullet wound to her abdomen and Sandoval was shot in the head. Police say his wound appeared to be self-inflicted. The roommate wasn’t hurt.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RESOURCES:
- Sedgwick County 911 | 911
- Harbor House Domestic Violence Shelter | 316-263-6000
- YWCA Women’s Crisis Center | 316-263-2313
- Wichita Area Sexual Assault Center | 316-263-0185
- StepStone | 316-265-1611
- Women’s Initiative Network | 316-262-3960
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline | 1-800-799-7233
- South Texas tribe vows to fight border wall, sues to preserve tribal cemetery
- Rare red and white cardinals spotted in central Texas
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- NM mayor calls for immigration reform
- United Industries and its OSHA violations