WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 52-year-old Wichita man is behind bars after Wichita police and the SWAT team were called to the 1100 block of North Amidon on Tuesday. Officers were called twice to the home for a man dealing with a mental crisis.
“Due to the previous situation, WPD negotiation team and WPD SWAT team were activated to assist with the situation,” said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department spokesman. “Officers and negotiators attempted several hours to speak with the man and have him exit the home in order to provide him additional help.”
Police said late Wednesday that Frank Manning was arrested in the 900 block of South Pinecrest on suspicion of criminal use of a weapon, harassment and a violation of a protection from abuse order. A search warrant was served at the Amidon address where officers recovered several long guns including rifles and shotguns.
- Sedgwick County crews prep hundreds of miles of roads ahead of winter weather
- Detention deputies take elementary school children shopping
- All aboard the Polar Express at OJ Watson park
- A chase in a stolen car leads to school lockdowns in Newton
- New affidavit details gruesome stabbing attack of Wichita woman