WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 52-year-old Wichita man is behind bars after Wichita police and the SWAT team were called to the 1100 block of North Amidon on Tuesday. Officers were called twice to the home for a man dealing with a mental crisis.
“Due to the previous situation, WPD negotiation team and WPD SWAT team were activated to assist with the situation,” said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department spokesman. “Officers and negotiators attempted several hours to speak with the man and have him exit the home in order to provide him additional help.”
Police said late Wednesday that Frank Manning was arrested in the 900 block of South Pinecrest on suspicion of criminal use of a weapon, harassment and a violation of a protection from abuse order. A search warrant was served at the Amidon address where officers recovered several long guns including rifles and shotguns.
- New border wall being built in San Diego sector along with other ‘manpower multipliers’ to help agents
- Andrew Parchment named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week
- 6.0 quake hits Puerto Rico, no damage immediately reported
- ‘Incredibly devastating’: St. Paul University Parish at WSU employee killed in Sedg. Co. crash
- Superintendent Dr. Deborah Hamm, announces she is retiring