WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A familiar talent in the Wichita music scene, Jenny Wood, has filed a lawsuit against the city Thursday. The lawsuit claims a lack of training led to a police chase that injured Wood and killed her mother and niece.
Wood was riding in the car with her mother and niece when it was hit in downtown Wichita in May of 2019. Wood was critically injured, her mother and niece were killed in the crash.
The lawsuit claims the WPD officer lacked training and started a high-speed chase through downtown Wichita on a Sunday afternoon, where the car she was in was hit by a stolen vehicle.
The lawsuit seeks damages for more than $75,000.
To view the court document for this lawsuit, click here.
- Campus varsity football team to miss two games, fans remain hopeful for remainder of season
- KBI: Death investigation in Iola surrounding 34-year-old man
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace
- KDOL seeing rise in unemployment claim fraud stemming from identity theft
- Sublette school district goes remote after numerous students and employees were quarantined for COVID-19