WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police and other area law enforcement gathered Saturday to hear community members’ thoughts on the criminal justice system.
It’s an event hosted by WPD called “What’s going on, and what can we do?”
It featured roundtable conversations and panel discussions with criminal justice leaders allowing for one-on-one questions and answers.
“If you have questions, if you have concerns, it might be with probation, it might be with parole, come and ask questions, give your feedback, give ideas,” said Capt. Paul Duff, Wichita Police Department. “Maybe there’s something we don’t know about that you might realize, you may give us a great idea on something.”
Police say the event is a part of an effort to be more accessible to the community.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show