Wichita police identifies 2 who died from carbon monoxide poisoning

Local

ichita police have identified two people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning last week. It happened last Thursday in the 300 block of East Kinkaid. It is just north of Pawnee and Broadway.

Wichita police tell KSN they responded to the home. Police said 44-year-old Richard Reese and 41-year-old Dionne Jackson were found dead inside.

One witness told KSN he entered the house after he heard screaming and smelled something strong.

Police have contributed the poisoning to a generator running in the home. 

“At this point, I don’t know that’s suspicious per se, but we treat every death seriously. We investigate everything as though it could be suspicious, but in this case, I think it’s probably not,” said Sgt. Scott Moon, Wichita Police Department. 

ON SOCIAL MEDIA

LOCATION

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories