WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department is investigating the death of an infant.
On Saturday around 9:30 p.m., officers were dispatched to assist EMS with an unresponsive infant at a home in the 2100 block of N. Minnesota. Officers learned that a 7-day-old boy was not breathing. The infant was taken to a hospital where he died.
Police said their investigation revealed that the child’s father had just dropped the child off at the mother’s home. The infant would not take a bottle and then stopped breathing.
Police are awaiting a final autopsy report, but they say there does not appear to be evidence of child abuse.
- Lee Richardson Zoo temporarily closing during pandemic
- Performing Arts Department goes virtual for auditions
- Azubuike and Dotson Named 2020 Wooden Award All-Americans
- 64,000 coronavirus tests coming, Kansas falls behind on social distancing
- Kansas state parks are open