WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department is investigating the death of an infant.
On Saturday around 9:30 p.m., officers were dispatched to assist EMS with an unresponsive infant at a home in the 2100 block of N. Minnesota. Officers learned that a 7-day-old boy was not breathing. The infant was taken to a hospital where he died.
Police said their investigation revealed that the child’s father had just dropped the child off at the mother’s home. The infant would not take a bottle and then stopped breathing.
Police are awaiting a final autopsy report, but they say there does not appear to be evidence of child abuse.
- Orangutan granted ‘personhood’ turns 34, makes new friend
- PHOTOS: Daytona 500 kicks off NASCAR racing season
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Tulane Green Wave: Updates, score, results
- Kansas GOP leaders’ fight over abortion, Medicaid escalates
- Defense: Convicted killer was victim of ‘Machiavellian plot’