WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A former Wichita police officer who admitted to a federal crime can no longer patrol Kansas streets.
Michael Zajkowski pleaded guilty to not reporting a felony in connection to an investigation into illegal gambling.
Because the officer neglected to report information about the illegal gambling, the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training revoked Zajkowski’s law enforcement certification.
Prominent Wichita businessmen, Johnny Steven, pleaded guilty and has been sentenced for his role concealing the transfer of betting information from illegal poker games.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Mild air holds Saturday night into Sunday, clouds thicken
- South Texas tribe vows to fight border wall, sues to preserve tribal cemetery
- Rare red and white cardinals spotted in central Texas
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- NM mayor calls for immigration reform