WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita police officer who shot Andrew Finch in 2017 is suing the city.
A lawsuit that was filed by Justin Rapp late Thursday afternoon is claiming breach of contract.
In it, Rapp claims he was kept on restricted duty after he was cleared of any wrongdoing in the shooting and after being medically cleared twice.
The lawsuit also alleges the city would not let Rapp work as a part-time security officer for several months after the shooting. Rapp claims this caused him to lose out on more than $30,000. He is asking for that money plus interest.
The lawsuit also states Rapp returned to active duty 10 months after fatally shooting Finch.
KSN has reached out to the city and police department. They referred us to the law department, which is closed until tomorrow.
- Jake LaTurner gano las elecciones primarias para un asiento en la Cámara de Representantes del distrito dos
- Mann, Barnett win primaries in Kansas’ 1st District
- KSN Political Analyst Jeff Jarman analyzes the Senate race in our state
- El candidato republicano Roger Marshall gana la elección primaria en Kansas
- Barbara Bollier gana la nominación para el partido Demócrata