WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The holiday travel season is kicking into full gear, law enforcement wants to make sure you make it to your destination safely.
The Wichita Police Department tied red ribbons on their cars and motorcycles. Each of the 300 ribbons has the name of someone injured or killed in a DUI crash.
“Driving impaired is just not ok. and you’re putting your own life in danger when you do it,” said Whitney Kallenbach, DUI Victims Center of Kansas. “You’re putting other people’s lives in danger when you do it, and innocent people’s lives, too, have been taken from this just like my father.”
Other area law enforcement will be tying ribbons to their cars in the next couple of days.
- Kansas Wesleyan University using tiny homes to house students
- John Whitmire defeats Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee in Houston mayor’s race
- 6 dead, nearly 2 dozen injured after severe storms tear through Tennessee
- Musk considering reinstating Alex Jones on X
- Jayhawks rally to win fourth straight Border War over Mizzou