WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Post Office at 7117 W. Harry St. will open its retail windows from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 3, Dec. 10, and Dec. 17, Postmaster Ryon Knopik announced today.
“As we count down to the holidays, we know how demanding the season can be as we rush to get everything done on time,” said Knopik. “Opening on Sundays will help our customers’ check holiday mailing off their to-do list.”
Other postal locations in Kansas with Sunday retail hours on Dec. 3, Dec. 10, and Dec. 17:
- Dodge City Post Office, 700 Central Ave. – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Emporia Post Office, 625 Merchant St. – Noon to 4 p.m.
- Hutchinson Post Office, 128 E. First Ave. – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Independence Post Office, 116 E. Laurel St. – Noon to 4 p.m.
- Junction City Post Office, 307 W. 7th St. — Noon to 4 p.m.
- Manhattan Post Office, 500 Leavenworth St. – Noon to 3 p.m.• Newton Post Office, 400 Poplar St. – Noon to 4 p.m.
- Salina Post Office, 211 E. Ash St. – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Topeka Gage Station, 1430 SW Woodhull St. – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Postal Service recommends the following Christmas mailing and shipping deadlines:Military
- Dec. 11 – APO/FPO/DPO Priority Mail & First Class Mail
- Dec. 16 – APO/FPO/DPO Priority Mail Express
- Dec. 14 – USPS Retail Ground
- Dec. 19 – First Class Mail
- Dec. 20 – Priority Mail
- Dec. 22 – Priority Mail Express
The Postal Service will deliver more than 15 billion pieces of mail this holiday season, and a record 850 million packages, which is more than a 10 percent increase compared to 2016 holiday season.
Already, USPS began expanding its Sunday delivery operations to locations with high package volumes.