WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita State could soon have a satellite campus in Mexico.
The WSU president-elect says the university is in talks with a company based in Chihuahua City.
He says the campus would likely focus on engineering and manufacturing, adding the global exposure would benefit the state as a whole.
“Again part of it for us is to be able to recruit talent to Wichita and to Kansas and to further the economy here,” said Jay Golden, WSU President-elect.
The campus is not a done deal. Golden says he hopes to have some further announcements by the Spring of 2020.
A third party would pay for the campus, not Wichita State.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Chilly start then pleasant Tuesday
- Racing community takes the wheel after a racer’s gear was stolen
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting