WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Black businesses in the Wichita community were invited to be honored at Wichita State Univesity.
Wichita State’s Black Student Union hosted the Buy Black ICT Expo in celebration of Black History Month. The event aims to highlight local black-owned small businesses.
“It’s important to highlight minority entrepreneurs, and for Black History Month, we wanted Wichita, we wanted the Wichita area to know that it’s important to buy black,” said Jordan Brown of the Wichita State Black Student Union.
Event organizers say they originally hoped for 20 vendors. Thirty one vendors total came to the event.
- 1 hurt after report of shooting, crash on Wichita highway
- Newspaper owner: Sorry for equating mask rule to Holocaust
- Riley County police searching for 10-year-old boy
- NHL, NHLPA agree on protocols to resume season
- Prosecutors seek Friday court appearance for Epstein friend