WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Black businesses in the Wichita community were invited to be honored at Wichita State Univesity.
Wichita State’s Black Student Union hosted the Buy Black ICT Expo in celebration of Black History Month. The event aims to highlight local black-owned small businesses.
“It’s important to highlight minority entrepreneurs, and for Black History Month, we wanted Wichita, we wanted the Wichita area to know that it’s important to buy black,” said Jordan Brown of the Wichita State Black Student Union.
Event organizers say they originally hoped for 20 vendors. Thirty one vendors total came to the event.
- Sedgwick County COVID-19 update – March 28, 2020
- BREAKING: Governor Kelly declares statewide stay-at-home order, effective March 30
- Taylor’s Forecast: Shower chances are slim today, more sunshine tomorrow
- Kansas woman fatally injured in two-vehicle crash
- Girl, 17, shot after suspect fired 10+ rifle rounds at vehicle