WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita State University President Jay Golden has submitted his resignation to the Kansas Board of Regents.
Kansas Board of Regents Chair Bill Feuerborn issued the statement Friday.
“We are appreciative of his hard work and dedication to the university and are grateful for his commitment to serving students. We wish him well in all his future endeavors.”
His resignation comes after a controversy this spring following the cancelation of Ivanka Trump’s commencement speech. Several donors threatened to cut ties with the university. According to the Associated Press Friday, the university received national attention and plenty of criticism for dropping a virtual speech by Ivanka Trump for its technical school graduation in June.
Wichita State Provost Rick Muma will serve as acting president while the Kansas Board of Regents considers options for an interim president.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- KBI: Arkansas man dead following an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler and more wintry weather is on the way