WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Members of the Wichita Thunder and Thunder dog handed out donated bears to students on Wednesday at Linwood Elementary.
A few weeks ago, the Thunder had a teddy bear toss to collect the bears that were passed out.
KSN News talked to one Thunder player about the event.
“When we are home and just practicing, we have a lot of time. I try to fill that time, that void, by doing things that can impact others and help other people,” said Brendan Smith, Wichita Thunder player.
The bears were passed out to one grade at a time.
- Give mom native plants this Mother’s Day and help Mother Nature, too
- “We could use extra hands”: Business owners struggle to find employees during the pandemic
- Eisenhower girls soccer dominates on both sides of the ball
- Lawmakers finalize state budget as they prepare to wrap-up session
- The City of Wichita plans to open public pools by Memorial Day