WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Members of the Wichita Thunder and Thunder dog handed out donated bears to students on Wednesday at Linwood Elementary.
A few weeks ago, the Thunder had a teddy bear toss to collect the bears that were passed out.
KSN News talked to one Thunder player about the event.
“When we are home and just practicing, we have a lot of time. I try to fill that time, that void, by doing things that can impact others and help other people,” said Brendan Smith, Wichita Thunder player.
The bears were passed out to one grade at a time.
- The Trade: Remembering the Chiefs, Bills draft swap that brought Mahomes to Kansas City
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- 103-year-old Massachusetts man who lived through Spanish flu, polio outbreak gets COVID-19 vaccine
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author