Wichita victim was smoking while using oxygen

Local
Pawnee House Fire_1548339544504.jpg.jpg

One man is dead after a house fire in south Wichita.

It happened just before 7:30 a.m. in the 2500 block of South Washington. That is just south of Pawnee.

Crews quickly got the fire under control. 

Firefighters found one man inside. Firefighters said the cause of the fire was smoking while on oxygen. 

The fire caused about $55,000 in damage to the home. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories