WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita officials met to discuss the proposed water treatment plant Thursday afternoon.
Currently, the city is working alongside 11 companies on the project, and the leader of Wichita Water Partners believes that number will continue to grow.
Final proposals, with the expected price for the project, will be presented to the city on Monday. The amount will be the guaranteed maximum price and will not go above that number.
“Having a big project like this, it’s very important to make sure that we deliver it both on time and under budget, that’s what we intend to do,” said Ron Coker, Wichita Water Partners.
Wichita Water Partners says it will contract with local companies to complete at least 85% of the new water treatment plant.
- Competitive Drive: Maize running back takes a chance on himself to live out childhood dream
- ‘We’re not changing the name’: Wichita Wind Surge here to stay
- Midian Shriners begin 5th Annual Feztival of Trees fundraiser
- Wichita Public schools promote need for after school program with celebration
- Collision experts see rise in drivers not filing police reports after accidents