WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – After years of not knowing who her biological father was, today one Wichitan will finally be able to welcome her dad into her home. Christian Gast says she had given up hope. She said she found her biological mother and sister years ago but had not found her father.
In 2018, Gast decided to join a genetic testing site that would hopefully help her identify her dad. Finally, in January she got a special message.
“I honestly thought it was just a third or fourth cousin saying thanks for adding me to your family tree. It was not, it was my biological father and he was in just as much shock as I was, and when I say that my knees hit the floor, my knees literally hit the floor because this was something I have been longing for so long, and I just felt overwhelmed with emotions,” said Gast.
Today, Gast will pick up her dad and meet for the first time ever. She says she plans on taking him to all the local places around Wichita. Gast says her dad plans on moving from Seattle to Wichita to make up for the lost time.
- Watch: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- The Trade: Remembering the Chiefs, Bills draft swap that brought Mahomes to Kansas City
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- 103-year-old Massachusetts man who lived through Spanish flu, polio outbreak gets COVID-19 vaccine