WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Many people are already gearing up for Christmas and that includes the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR).
The Little Arkansas Chapter is teaming up with Wreaths Across America to decorate veterans’ graves.
“We remember the ones who have gone. ee honor the ones who are still living and teach the younger generations about what has happened,” said Gayle Williamson, Wreaths Across America Coordinator for the Little Arkansas Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Williamson says they’ve partnered with Pizza Hut locations in Wichita and part of the proceeds from food purchases will go to the Little Arkansas Chapter DAR to help with their efforts.
The group hopes to lay wreaths on 1,500 graves at five area cemeteries. Those cemeteries include Valley Center, Sunnydale, Kechi, Maize Park, and Pleasant Valley. The group is still in need of volunteers.
The cost of each wreath is $15.
The organization will have a formal honorary ceremony at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 14. It will be held at Valley Center Cemetery.
The group will then lay wreaths at each deceased veteran’s grave until they run out.
- Usar cubrebocas en Wichita: Lo que debes saber
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?
- Chicago man who fired gun into murder victim’s grave given 15-year sentence
- Face mask ordinance in City of Winfield starting Friday
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin