WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – It has been one week since the Wichita Wind Surge was unveiled. The team says people are coming around to the name.
In fact, support for the franchise moniker has increased so much so that merchandise is flying off the shelves.
“It’s actually exceeded our expectations I can tell you right now. Just from standpoint numbers-wise, we are way up on expectations,” said Bob Moullette, Wichita Wind Surge Assistant General Manager.
Meanwhile, construction is in full swing at the stadium. You can have a chance to see inside the ballpark soon.
The Wichita Wind Surge is hosting public tours Saturday, Nov. 23 at 10 a.m., noon, and 3 p.m. at the merchandise shop on the corner of South Sycamore street and Texas street.
- Mass celebrated after fire damages centuries-old church
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Florida reports largest, single-day increase in COVID cases
- Search of California lake resumes for missing “Glee” star