WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police have arrested a driver after they say she drove a stolen car, fled from officers and crashed into an attached garage.
Officers spotted the car around 9:30 Thursday night in the 1200 block of South Bluffview and recognized it as one that had been reported stolen.
They tried to pull the car over, but they say the driver refused to stop and fled from them.
There was a short chase. The vehicle crashed into several vehicles and an attached garage at a home in the 3100 block of East Gilbert.
Police arrested the driver, Heaven Westendorff, 24, on suspicion of felony evade and elude, reckless driving, theft, destruction of property and multiple traffic violations.
Three other people were in the car: a 20-year-old man was taken to the hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries, a 19-year-old woman who was not injured, and a 17-year-old boy who police say fled. Officers used a police K-9 and located the boy. He was also taken to a hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The people in the home were not injured.
Police say they are still investigating the case.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Chilly start then pleasant Tuesday
- Racing community takes the wheel after a racer’s gear was stolen
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting