WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police say the woman who died Sunday night in west Wichita was Kaitlin Whelan, 30, of Wichita.
Her SUV crashed head-on with a car on 21st Street just west of 119th Street West around 8:15 p.m. Sunday.
Police say the preliminary investigation shows Whelan was westbound on 21st and crossed into the eastbound lanes, colliding with the car.
The 24-year-old woman driving the other car suffered serious injuries. She remains hospitalized.
This was the 20th fatality accident in Wichita this year.
- “It is not a joke” — local organization condemns social media video
- Wichitans hold vigil following verdict in George Floyd case
- Local sheriff and minister react to Chauvin verdict
- NJCAA Round 2: Hutchinson’s season ends, Cowley and Coffeyville advance
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs