PITTSBURG, Kan. (AP) – Authorities say a woman found dead in southeast Kansas might have been hit by a vehicle.
The Crawford County Sheriff’s office on Friday identified the woman as 35-year-old Brandi Moore, of Pittsburg.
Her body was found Wednesday in Opolis, an unincorporated town in Crawford County.
Sheriff Danny Smith said in a news release a pathologist indicated her injuries were consistent with being hit by a vehicle.
An autopsy and the official cause of death is pending. Smith says the driver of the vehicle has not been determined. It appears Moore was struck between 8 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday.
- Bilingual newspaper celebrates heritage, keeps Latino community connected
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Meteorological versus astronomical fall
- Competitive Drive: Deuce Vaughn brings new electricity to ‘Cats backfield
- US to ban people from downloading TikTok or WeChat apps this weekend
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus