WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 30-year-old woman is dead after being shot Thursday night near K-96 and Hillside in Wichita.
Wichita police say officers responded to a shooting call at K-96 and Hillside around 11:30 p.m Thursday. Upon arrival, officers located an unresponsive 34-year-old female outside of a vehicle near K-96 Lake Park. The female appeared to have been shot. Officers rendered aid until fire and EMS arrived. The 34-year-old was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Wichita police say at this time, there does not appear to be foul play or evidence of a crime involved in this incident. A medical examiner will determine the cause of death following an autopsy.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility confirms 43 COVID-19 cases
- Hand sanitizer recall: US brands join FDA list of ‘toxic’ sanitizers
- Chiefs and Travis Kelce agree on contract extension, report says
- VIDEO: Louisiana woman says ‘God was definitely with us’ during lightning strike
- Clear the Shelters: Actor Dennis Quaid adopts cat named Dennis Quaid