FREDONIA, Kan. (AP) – A 19-year-old woman died and six other people were injured in a crash in southeast Kansas.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says the accident Monday evening near Fredonia occurred when the driver of a Chevy Malibu ran a stop sign and collided with a Dodge Minivan.
A passenger in the Chevy, Haley Surber of Erie, died at the scene.
The 18-year-old woman driving the Chevy was hospitalized at a Wichita hospital with serious injuries.
Two adults and three children from a family in Wichita who were in the minivan were treated for minor injuries.
OTHER STORIES ON KSN.COM
- Saturday’s KSHSAA basketball scores
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Winter Storm Watches issued ahead of wintry weather to wrap up the weekend
- McBride, Bridges help No. 14 West Virginia beat K-State
- Hutchinson CC begins packed athletic schedule for the Spring semester
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship