WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Police have arrested a Wichita man after a woman says he shot at her and her children.
The incident allegedly happened Tuesday afternoon at a home in the 1000 block of South Laura.
The 28-year-old woman says she and her 7- and 1-year-old sons were in the house when her boyfriend, Juan Villasenor, 31, arrived.
She told police Villasenor was intoxicated and got upset trying to find some paperwork. She says he fired a shotgun toward her and the children twice and made verbal threats. None of them were injured.
The woman got the children, left the home and called 911.
Police found Villasenor driving in the area of Pawnee and Washington and arrested him.
They booked him into jail on suspicion of domestic violence, aggravated assault, child endangerment and threats. After police are finished investigating, they will present the case to the district attorney’s office.
Police provided these phone numbers to help people in domestic violence situations:
- Sedgwick County, 911
- Harbor House Domestic Violence Shelter, 263-6000
- YWCA Women’s Crisis Center, 263-2313
- Wichita Area Sexual Assault Center, 263-0185
- StepStone, 265-1611
- Women’s Initiative Network, 262-3960
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233
- Herencia Hispana: Mujer Hispana quiera construir relación entre su comunidad y la policía
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- One person seriously injured in south Wichita car crash
- Saliva testing deemed easier, but is it worth the wait?