OLATHE, Kan. (AP) — Authorities say a driver has struck and killed a 61-year-old woman as she was walking a dog in suburban Kansas City.
Police in Olathe, Kansas, say the crash happened just before noon Tuesday. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Her name has not been released.
Police say the dog also was injured and was taken to an animal hospital for treatment. The driver wasn’t injured and remained on scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
- K-State researchers study how to protect meatpacking plants from coronavirus
- ‘The most frustrating experience of my life,’ says finder of Forrest Fenn’s hidden treasure
- Big 12 conference openers include 1st games for Baylor, TCU
- Wichita man sentenced to 10 years for two armed robberies
- 1 man killed in crash on U.S. 36 east of Norton