WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department said a 28-year-old man was accidentally shot in the leg Saturday.
According to department, the incident happened just before 5 p.m. at the Towne East Mall.
Police said the man was carrying a gun in his waistband when it accidentally fired, striking him in the leg.
Two off-duty nurses quickly provided medical treatment to the man before he was taken to the hospital. No one else was injured.
- Cheney Cardinals return to State volleyball in 3A
- Shooting in south Wichita leaves man in critical condition
- Standoff in Augusta ends with man taken into custody by Butler County SWAT
- Tuesday prep boys’ soccer playoffs
- Mexican foreign minister says migrants being deceived, warns U.S. won’t let new caravan through