WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department said a 28-year-old man was accidentally shot in the leg Saturday.
According to department, the incident happened just before 5 p.m. at the Towne East Mall.
Police said the man was carrying a gun in his waistband when it accidentally fired, striking him in the leg.
Two off-duty nurses quickly provided medical treatment to the man before he was taken to the hospital. No one else was injured.
- LIVE: Police Briefing on officer-involved shooting Saturday
- Here’s what you need to know about the app that’s turning everyone into a cartoon character
- Could your medication raise your risk for heat-related illness?
- Former Chiefs QB Tyler Palko arrested for DUI
- Un policía del departamento de Wichita sigue bajo condición crítica tras ser baleado el sábado en la noche