WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department said a 28-year-old man was accidentally shot in the leg Saturday.
According to department, the incident happened just before 5 p.m. at the Towne East Mall.
Police said the man was carrying a gun in his waistband when it accidentally fired, striking him in the leg.
Two off-duty nurses quickly provided medical treatment to the man before he was taken to the hospital. No one else was injured.
- Bethel College football team eyes up NAIA postseason run
- 10 straight wins for Shockers softball team
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- Fireball captured exploding in sky over Florida was a meteor, NWS confirms
- Border agents arrest more criminals, see spike in meth and pot seizures as cartels exploit migrant surge