WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department said a 28-year-old man was accidentally shot in the leg Saturday.
According to department, the incident happened just before 5 p.m. at the Towne East Mall.
Police said the man was carrying a gun in his waistband when it accidentally fired, striking him in the leg.
Two off-duty nurses quickly provided medical treatment to the man before he was taken to the hospital. No one else was injured.
- Sedgwick County Republican Party asks O’Donnell, Clendenin, Capps to step down
- ‘She loved her Pigs’: Friends open up following the death of Sedgwick County woman
- Cats Cruise in 12th-Straight Sunflower Showdown Win
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- Equity Bank of Andover assumes deposits of failed Almena Bank