WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police identified 19-year-old Jahbreel Rounds as the second victim of a deadly shooting Thursday. He was a former Northwest High School football player. Two people were charged with the crime Tuesday afternoon.
Police say Preston Reynolds, 18, and Missy Barber, 20, drove to the apartment complex for a drug transaction with 21-year-old Earnest Jefferson and Rounds. While they were in a vehicle in the parking lot, a disturbance occurred, and shots were fired, injuring Jefferson, Rounds, and Reynolds.
Jefferson had multiple gunshot wounds and died on the scene. Rounds died of his injuries Monday.
Police say Reynolds and Barber left in the vehicle. They say Reynolds showed up at a hospital around 5:40 p.m. to be treated for a gunshot wound to his leg. After he was treated, police booked him into jail.
Police say they learned of Barber’s involvement and arrested her at an apartment complex in the 1700 block of South Glenn.
On Tuesday afternoon, Reynolds and Barber were both charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of distribution of a controlled substance.
Their bond is set at $500,000. The judge set their next court appearance for June 11 at 3 p.m.
- Peaceful protest in west Wichita Tuesday evening
- Wichita Police release bodycam footage from early Tuesday morning
- Four females manage to get out safely after vehicle ends up in west Wichita pond
- Positive Connections: Blind artist turns dark situation into vibrant life
- WSU providing support for African American students and staff